Ian played golf professionally for 8 years from 1998 – 2005 and in this time travelled the world playing on the US PGA, European, South African and Asian Tours. While playing, he had a Performance Coach who was an integral part of his success. A serious injury forced him into early retirement from golf, but his passion for improving ones performance through coaching resonated within him to pursue Coaching as a profession. He held top managerial positions at some of SA’s most prestigious golf clubs and has since become an entrepreneur with a few successful businesses. His coaching style uses integrated techniques to harness a person’s belief system for them to achieve and maintain their goals.
- Sc (Psych): Louisiana State University, USA, 1998
- PC (Diploma in Practitioner Coaching), The Coaching Centre, 2014
- Affiliate Coach with CoMenSA
- Client include: Philip Morris International • Harley Davidson SA • Cadiz Asset Management • Steenberg Golf Estate • Reddam House • SA Waterpolo – Coaches and players Professional Golfers – several of the world’s top golfers
- Leadership and Management Coaching – Executive, Senior and Middle management levels, entrepreneurs, self-employed professionals, corporate, NGO and public sector employees at all levels
- Self Leadership – psychological and coping skills, self-management and personal effectiveness
- Performance Coaching – coaching some of SA’s top professional athletes and coaches